Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why do we

I had an issue the other day of comparing myself with another mom. I ended up coming home in tears because I felt that I came up short in the Mother of the year department. It got me to thinking....why do we women do this to ourselves. I know I am not the only one. I am proud of my accomplishments and who my son is but sometimes I feel like I don't do enough. It really had me down and it took a good hour long talk with my bestfriend (long distance of course!) to convince me otherwise.

If my Mother was still alive I would have called her as soon as I got home and told her I thought she was a great Mom and that I loved her. It's funny how many things I have come to understand when I became a Mom myself. I realize now somethings I should have never done or said to my Mom and somethings I should have said to her when she was still here.

I guess all I need to do is enjoy the hugs and kisses I get from my little boy and know he thinks I am great. That should be enough.