Thursday, August 30, 2007

whereabouts


This is what happens when spur of the moment meets strategically planned. Note Callah is wearing a grubby ol' Dora shirt and the jeans that she's wearing, the fly won't stay up, so her shirt is perfectly stretched over the zipper. Nice. Goes very well with The Kez's fancy flower print.

So we just got back from 4 days holiday at a cabin. Note to self: might want to tell someone where we're going or at least that we are infact going somewhere so people will know and stop leaving messages on our answering machine wondering if we're dead. But in fact, if we were dead, we wouldn't be checking our messages 'cos last I heard dead men check no messages. Or at least that's what I heard. I could be wrong.

For those who know Kim Dunphy, it was brought to my attention that she's recently joined the world of blogging. You can check her out here and she'll be added to the list on the side.

Have you seen those furry, fat caterpillars? Steve informed me the other day, while driving on the highway, that he really hates running over them (if you've been on a highway lately you may have noticed that they are ALL OVER THE ROAD). I said," good luck! How can you miss?" To his credit, he started swerving attempting to avoid contact with the little buggers. That's my husband!

Tomorrow Matthias starts Kindergarten. I know I'm more nervous than he is. I'm afraid he'll beat his fellow classmates up. He's becoming more and more "tough" lately. Might have something to do with his Dad actually placing a wager on whether or not he could take down his 6 year old 2nd cousin. Or the fact that his parents struggle with Hulk-like anger issues. Let's face it, he's been doomed from the start! I'm also afraid of him going on the bus. You see all sorts of videos of kids being beaten up on the bus. 5 seems so young to be sending them off into the world! Who's bright idea was that? Hey, the kid just turned 5 let's ship 'em off to some big scary brick building for hours of brain enhancing "fun" play!! Aack! Gag! Forget about whether or not he's ready for this! Am I ready for this?

Sigh.

My little man is growing up.