Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a new age

Tomorrow my baby turns 2. I can't believe she's 2. So much has happened in those 2 years that they seem like they've flown right by. And I find myself being reminiscent (like I seem to be alot these days...must be the air here or something). We'd like another baby, and I was thinking tonite, while a 4th is nowhere on the horizon yet, I'm really going to miss that whole stage. And it wouldn't be that bad to keep going...would it? If the idea is even a slight notion...does that mean you're not done having kids? I don't even like being pregnant! If it's at all possible to feel like a whole universe, that pretty much sums up how I feel pregnant. A whale just isn't big enough.

I remember a friend of mine had her 4th baby last year and she knew it was going to be her last one. So she tried to treasure every moment of that pregnancy. A friend of mine now is pregnant, and just shared some photos of her little bump. It made me smile and cry at the same time.

And it's not that I regret anything I did or didn't do to remember the previous 3 pregnancy's, but this next time (Lord willing) I will love it that little bit more, and take a few more whalish pictures, and enjoy the bone cracking and the constant urination. I will thank God everyday for that little miracle.

But for now, I will treasure the joys I have. Including this little angel!



Happy Birthday Keziah!

(and for the record, that's shaving cream on her face!)