Monday, September 07, 2009

being pregnant

Lately I've been thinking of how much I complain about being pregnant. You know, my hips hurt, my feet swell, I hate the sound of my hip bones popping, the constant heartburn, the gagging when you brush your teeth, etc (the list could go on, but I think you get the picture). And in the back of my mind I'm always reminded of friends who can't get pregnant and I try to shut up. I'm sure they'd love to feel their bones popping and the pain in the chest when you sit down 'cos the baby is squished up against something internally that causes pain. And in light of what my MIL is going thru (sure she's annoying as anything, but nobody deserves that much pain) there's no way I should be complaining at all. So lesson learned...there's always someone worse off than you. You should be happy.

Still tho'. I can honestly say that I'll be glad when it's all over and I'm glad that it should (in theory) be the last one.