Friday, August 01, 2008

the other half

In a few hours Steve's Dad's side of the family will invade our house. Some only staying (hopefully) for a few hours, others staying for the week. The fridge has been stocked with beer. Just one of the many reasons why I'm not looking forward to the next few days. With Steve's family, you have the complete opposites. One side is super fundamentalist, won't drink, won't listen to music, won't watch TV. The other... let's say are more "free" in their thinking. Pot smoke will fill the air and different drinks will be drunk. Either way, it's almost always entertaining. Usually not a dull moment.

I just pray it all goes well. Let's keep the good visiting vibe going!!

Then next Friday we head back to Sk for my younger bro's wedding. I'm so excited. We just booked a return flight for Steve (it's cheaper and 9 hours faster than the bus!) so the kids and I are staying there for the week. I can't wait to get my feet on familiar soil again. I'll probably be like those people who get off a long boat ride. I'll be rolling around, kissing the soil.

Anyway, should go finish making beds and cleaning bathrooms. Later!