Wednesday, May 04, 2005

So much to say

I'm stoked. I have the new Avril Lavigne cd (surprisingly very good and clean) playing on the stereo, my belly is full, the kids are napping and the husband (or as a friend likes to call him: my first husband) is gone to the church for an hour. The house is mine!

Last weekend I bought a new pair of swim shorts. They're a little tight. I believe however that I still have a few months anyway to fit nicely into them. It seems that every year around this time, the female population is thrown into a tizzy about weight and the impending swim-suit season. Sadly I'm one of those females. I'd like to think that I don't put alot of pressure on myself about my weight, but as my husband looses weight, I feel that I must as well. To me, there's just something not quite right about weighing more than my husband. At the Mom's Nite Out awhile back when we went to BP's and bowling (by the way...would anyone be interested in doing that again??) someone said that they thought it was so cool when they hit the 200 lbs. mark when they were pregnant. After having the baby, however, it wasn't that cool anymore. I laughed when I heard that and it still makes me smile when I think about it now.

So this morning I went for a run out at the Little Red Park. I love going out there. Usually I take my bike and my dog, but this morning I felt like running. I used to be a track runner when I was in high school. I loved the feeling of being near death (or so it felt) in the heat, sweat dripping all over. To me there's something about that feeling that makes me feel alive. I wonder what happened? This morning I think I nearly did die. I ran for about 7 mins before nearly collapsing on the trail. My dog, bless her, came over as if urging me on. I couldn't do it. I had to walk the rest of the route. I'm determined however, to beat that trail, and fit nicely into my swim shorts!

So if you are like me and dreading the upcoming season of skimpiness. Take heart in knowing that God made you how you are, but He also wants us to take care of ourselves. So grab a buddy and get active. Yesterday I simply walked over to Kinsmen Park so my kids could get some exercise and fresh air too. It was great! I'm always looking for someone to get active with - if your stuck give me a call! I'd love to go with you!

Later!