Monday, May 16, 2005

The Sound of Silence

This morning I went for a jog out at the Little Red Park. For those who don't know where that is, it's across the river on the Highway towards Nipawin and Candle Lake. Just 5 mins. out of town. I love going there. My parents used to live here in PA, and one of the things they missed most, when they moved away, was the Lil' Red Park. So I always try to take advantage of all it has to offer, while I can. As I was saying, this morning I took Gus (my brute of a dog) and we went for a jog. The sun was shining, the wind was keeping most of the mosquitoes away and everything was silent. As I was running I tried to pay attention to the stillness. Listening for the sound of the wind moving the tree tops. The sound of the birds singing and squirrels sqeaking (or however you spell that!). Nature and the outdoors can be very soothing and a GREAT way to relieve stress. So I encourage you all to take advantage of something great that PA has to offer - Little Red Park. Take your kids, take your husband, take a friend or just take yourself. Drive out there and walk, bike, run or just sit at one of the many fire pits. Reflect, think, pray. There's tonnes of awesome nature trails in the back area if you take the first exit (towards Pinegrove, but keep going straight instead of turning right). If your still a bit nervous about getting lost, you can pick up trail maps at Fresh Air Experience or the lodge in the Park.