Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Anniversaries with Great Big Sea

Tommorrow is my 4th Anniversary with my husband. In some ways 4 years seems like such a long time. Yet in the many (many) years to (hopefully) follow, 4 years is just a little chunk of time. We look at couples who've been married for longer than we have, some 40 years or more, some 10 or so and some only a year longer than us, and I realize there's so much we can learn from them. Nowadays the norm is to have your parents get divorced. How do we stop that? How can we as wives and mothers help change that statistic around? I'm definately not saying that I have in inkling of an answer, but I'd like to think that I have a slight idea. If we raise our kids in loving households and hold marriage and love at the highest regard in our own lives, it should show through to our kids. Then they'd strive to be like their parents when they grow up and get married.

Hmm...

So my husband and I decided we'd go to dinner and a movie for our anniversary. I picked the restaurant, he's picking the movie. We went to dinner last week and we're going to Batman Begins this weekend. We heard somewhere it's playing in IMAX, so we're going to Regina to check it out. That's not the only reason tho', we also heard that Great Big Sea is putting on a free concert on Canada Day. My parent's live in Regina, so that's free babysitting, the only other thing we have to worry about is our dog. We have a HUGE 85 lbs-er german shephard. My parents have 2 little Yorkie Terriers. It should be an interesting weekend! My husband and I always look back at our "many" years of marriage and see how we've grown. What we've accomplished and goals we'd still like to accomplish. That's one of the things I enjoy most. Sitting down with my hubby and doing our "year in review". I don't really know why, but I do. To anyone who reads this, what are some of your memorable anniversary dates?

Anyway, this is going nowhere fast, so I'm going to end by wishing you all a safe and happy Canada Day long weekend!