Monday, June 20, 2005

A Spectacular Weekend

I hope you all had a good weekend! I think despite the rain, wind and clouds our weekend was overly enjoyable! Our yout group had a photo scavenger hunt down at the street fair, in the rain, on Saturday. They all had a good time and we had lots of laughs over the photos! I saw some of you out there braving the weather. I hope you all had a good time too! Then we hit the free Tom Cochrane concert over at Prime Ministers Park. Yup...that brought back alot of memories from the past. You know you're old when all these kids today have never even heard of Tom Cochrane, and you know all the words to his songs! Sheesh...that put me in my place, but it was alot of fun.
Sunday, I did my best to please my husband. I can say this knowing he'll never read it, but I STRONGLY believe that guys get PMS too. Yesterday was his day. He should've been relaxed and soaking up the attention. Instead every little thing the kids did seemed to irritate him. It was not a relaxing good day. It did seem to get a bit better about 4 p.m. when we headed out to Founder's Day on the riverbank. It wasn't so much the activities, but rather the playground at Riverside School that released some steam and some tension from his shoulders. It was good once again. We ended the day by hitting the fireworks, which are a personal favourite of mine. If there was such a thing as a firework groupie, where all they did was travel around after firework displays, I'd be there!
A busy weekend had by all. I hope your household had a good weekend. It's sunny outside now and the forecast for the rest of the week is nice and hot. I pray that you'll be able to get out and make the most of the nice weather this week! Summer is officially here!!