Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Good for you!

Last night I was talking to my husband about something someone said that really rubbed me the wrong way. It was as if they were saying that being a stay-at-home mom is a second rate job. I just got the feeling that money was a high priority for this person. I think if more people put less priority on money values and more priority on family values, this world would be such a better place to live. If you choose to stay home even tho' your bank account is hurting, I applaud you! I used to wonder if I should get a part time job to help out financially a bit. So I did. I got a job at Shanannigans coffee house. The job itself was great. 4 years ago, before I was married and started having kids, it would have easily been my dream job. For some reason, I just didn't feel right tho'. So I only worked that once. I figured out that for now, my job is at home with my kids, supporting my husband. It doesn't pay much, but the rewards are priceless!! I get to nap in the afternoon and eat cookies with milk for snack! How many jobs do you know of let you do that?
Here's a little theme song that a friend of mine wrote about us Homemakers. I hope you enjoy it! Feel proud that you are a chosen few!