Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Crying Babies

Tuesday mornings always seem to be a mad house for me, from about 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (with a good, relaxing hour or so inthere if I'm lucky). This morning was no different (add on a bit of mother-in-law anxiety...she was coming for a day visit). I woke up nicely after a good nite's sleep, and fed the kids breakfast. Realized it was 8:45 (we had to be out of the house by 9 and I still was in my pj's) scrambled to get EVERYONE dressed, loaded up the car, drove the husband to the dentist (he got his wisdom teeth pulled), remembered I had forgotten my camera at home, drove back home, retrieved camera, and continued to the Alliance Church. Upon arrival I talked my son into leaving his prized toy car in our van, loaded up the diapar bag, my purse, camera case and 2 kids, and entered the church. Dropped off Kid #1 downstairs, carried Kid #2 upstairs, then ran outside to retrieve the Mom's photos (on poster board) I had left in the van. Going back upstairs, I hear Kid #2 howling. So I drop off the photos, look for tacks and pic up Kid #2, saving the workers from her howlish screams. Finding the tacks I place Kid #2 on the floor so I can hang up the photos. She starts wailing, prompting me to close the doors between the hallway and the main room. I finally get the photo posters up, grab Kid #2 and go down the hall to the Toddler Room. We go in, I calm her down and she's starts playing. "Good," I think as I sneak out of the room and make my way to the main room hoping to catch a bit of the main speaker, Occupational Therapist- Christiana Lepage. I grabbed my hot cocoa, a muffin and some REALLY good bread, found a seat and sat down.


10 minutes later, if that (I was able to finish my food and drink) my # comes up on the little # thingy. I sigh again and head out towards Kid #2. Why does she torment me like this?? Can't she sense that mommy needs a break?? So I gather my wailing child and comfort her. I decided to stay awhile, first 5 mins., then 10, then 15, until it was 10:45 a.m. and Mom's were getting ready to leave. Gathering my precious Kid #2, I carried her down to collect our (many) bags and Kid #1, who is now also crying b'cos he fell. With a kid in each arm, my diaper bag, camera case and purse, we make our way back out to the van. We get ourselves buckled in, I drop all our stuff on the seat and I take a moment to breathe. The sun is shining, I can feel the heat on my back, the wind is blowing a fresh breeze to my nostrils and for a moment the rush of the morning is forgotten. Then I remember my husband is waiting for me (hopefully in pain 'cos he made fun of me when I had my wisdom teeth pulled!) so I get in the car and we head over to pick him up. It won't be long before we're home, where lunch will have to be made, kids readied for naps, Mother-n-laws to be entertained and many other things us Mom's have to do throughout our day. Yet as I sit here and write this, I remember that feeling of the sun and wind, and somehow I know I'll get by. I'll make it through another week...

...until next Tuesday!!