Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Week Is A Long Time...

It seems like forever since I last wrote anything on here. And yet I think it was only a week ago. So much has happened. School has begun, youth stuff is beginning, Mom's starts next week. Before you know it, it'll be Christmas!!

Last week, at a friends house, I noticed she had a whole stack of these magazines called Today's Christian Woman.
So I checked it out, the magazine and the website, and it seems pretty good to me. When I first linked to it, I noticed a picture and story on Beth Moore. I just did a bible study of hers last spring. Really pumped and inspiriting woman of God. Worth looking into. I can't find the article I was interested in, but I found something similiar.
Here is a list of ideas for dates with your spouse. Summer is a busy time for everyone and, like me, you may not have had some personal time with your spouse. So check these out for some two-on-two time!!
-Sample a variety of cafes. Eat dinner at one place, then go for dessert at a different place. If they're close together, you can walk to and fro.
-Visit a zoo.
-Watch a ball game.
-Pack a lunch and head for the outdoors. There are plenty of parks around PA.
-Check out a museum or historical park.
-Go for a picnic. Not enough time to go anywhere? Enjoy a candlelight picnic in your backyard!
-Get together with another couple and make your own movie. Or get together with a few couples and create a video/camera scavenger hunt! These are a blast to film and watch!!
-Sketch your dream house.
-Attend an outdoor festival.
-Walk in the rain.
-Build a fire (indoor and out), sit back and talk.
-Go swimming in the middle of the night.
-Build a snowman together.
-Go for a bike ride.
-Share a milkshake with 2 straws.
-Fly a kite.
-Get all dressed up and go to your fav. fast food joint.

These are just a few, if you have any that you've done or would like to do with your spouse, that have been fun. Leave a comment!

I feel like saying this..."until next time!"