Thursday, September 29, 2005

Happy Birthday!

This past Tuesday, my son turned the big 3! He sure was excited, even now if you ask him how old he is, he shouts exuberently,"3!" and holds up his 3 fingers. It's really cute. What can I say? He's a cute kid! I sit here now, and I look back at his little life. He's grown so tall, he can talk alot better now, he's peeing in the potty more regularly (if anyone has any pooh advice, I'd love to hear it!), he can dress himself and he can walk on skates! He's such a little man! There still are times tho', when he calls out in the middle of the night for a hug, or Pooh Bear's tummy is grumbling and it scares him (if only I had that kind of imagination!) or we're out walking and he looks so incredibly small. I'm reminded that he's still a little boy, who needs his Mommy (this morning the 50 million times he called out "mommy" is proof of that!) and Daddy. I thank God for the 3 years I've had him and pray for the many years to come with him. I know he'll grow up strong and pray that he'll grow up to be the man God intends him to be. Now if only he's sleep in a little longer...

I missed this past Tuesday again, thanks to my clingy daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love her with all my might, but I just wish she wasn't so clingy! There's gotta be a medium here, where she can stay and play with other kids, but not go wandering off with strangers. So I sat in the Toddler room again. Which is alright I guess. I'm sure she'll get used to the workers and other kids soon, then I can rejoin the Mom's "world". I hope you all learned something new about marriage that you never knew before, or at least reminded of something that you may have forgotten. Next week is the necklace craft. I won't be there as I'm attending a Pastor/Spouse Retreat in beautiful Canmore (or at least that's what I've heard...I've never been there) with NO kids. I can't wait! There are perks to being a pastor's wife!!

Mom's is also planning on organizing a Mom's Nite Out. If your interested in helping to plan or would just like a nite out, drop me a line. There will also be a sign-up sheet on Tuesday. I went to one before where we went to BP's and then went bowling. It was alot of fun and I got to know some of the Mom's better. It gives you a new perspective, meeting Mom's in the "outside world". We're all alot more wilder than we may think!

So until next time, have a great week and enjoy this sunny weather while you can!!