Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Just Dance

Have you seen that movie "Napoleon Dynamite"? It's a funny, clean movie that, for our youth group, was an odd highlight last year. One of my favourite parts was when Napoleon's uncle throws a steak at Napoleon. It's just a funny scene.
So I'm in a pretty good mood this morning. Surprisingly. Last night my son threw up a couple of times. One of the things I REALLY hate about being a parent. I was never good with vomit, and I'm still no good with it. But really, who is? My 14 mos. old daughter has a bad cold, that makes her nose constantly drip. So she was in a rotten mood. My husband has a bad neck. He woke up yesterday and was hardly able to turn his head. But me...so far I'm feeling pretty good.

This morning was the start of Mom's Morning Out, here in Prince Albert. I think it went well. Not as many Mom's as past years, but a good turnout still. My job was taking pictures. I love taking pictures. I like the art aspect in it, looking for the perfect pose and composition. So that's what I did. The photos should be up next week.

Last week was a rough week. It's kinda funny, that when you feel crappy, people suddenly want to spend time with you and they ask you out for coffee. Where were they when you were feeling good? It's kinda like God, we all pray fervently when we need His help or advice, but when things are going smoothy, we kinda put Him on the back burner until we need help or healing again. So while I was out on a coffee break, a friend told me about this theory. She believes that husbands are all jerks. Or rather they all do jerkish things. Normally, we can handle the things they do, but for some reason, during PMS, our tolerance level goes down and we suddenly can't handle them doing those jerkish things anymore. And we blow up. For example, my husband has a romantic level of a slug. Very little. I can usually handle his lack of romanticism, but during PMS, it annoys the crap out of me that he can't hold my hand or something. Know what I mean? I agreed with my friend, but when I told my husband her theory, he just shook his head. What do you think?

Then at coffee with another friend, we made the observation that so many of us go about our days with other people, on committee's or groups or whichever, and we hardly even know each other. Sad really. Is that a society flaw that we're just to busy to care about the lives of our "friends"? Or is it a personal flaw? Should we even care? Sometimes I wish I'd have been alive in the day when people cared about one another. If someone saw someone else having a hard go at it, they'd take notice and help them out. Accountability. Webster defines it as: the quality or state of being accountable; an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility. I think that if more people held each other accoutable, things would be better.

Anyway while I was waiting for the webster page to download, my mind travelled to Matthew McConaughey. I have no idea how my mind travelled there, but it was alright. I don't mind thinking about him at all. There's this poster of him being the new Stetson poster boy at our local Shopper's Drug Mart, that I very much want to confiscate. I highly recommend the movie Sahara. It's something both you and your husband can enjoy. There's lots of action sequences, it's funny, and Matthew McConaughey is in it.

If you get anything from this post, let me know and I'll take you out for coffee!!