Saturday, October 15, 2005

Simply Captivating

This Tuesday at Mom's it'll be all about fashion! Ricki's and Reitman's will be putting on a fashion show featuring us Mom's as their models! If you're one of the brave ones modelling, GOOD FOR YOU! I'm kinda bummed I'm going to miss it, it sounds like alot of fun!

I've started reading this book called Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It's really good. I'm really enjoying it. One of the things I like is she uses quotes and clips from popular movies, something I can relate to unfortunately (or not however you look at it). I thought I'd copy a bit to let you see what it's all about. There are alot of good parts, I wish I could copy it all, but you'll just have to find a copy and read it for yourself.

"...Women love adventures of all sorts. Whether it be the adventure of horses (most girls go through a horse stage) or white-water rafting, going to a foreign country, performing onstage, having children, starting a business, or diving ever more deeply into the heart of God, we were made to be a part of a great adventure. An adventure that is shared. We do not want the adventure merely for adventure's sake but for what it requires of us for others. We don't want to be alone in it; we want to be in it with others. Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is b'cos we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives were meant to be lived with others. As echoes of the Trinity, we remember something. Made in the image of a perfect relationship, we are relational to the core of our beings and filled with a desire for transcendent purpose. We long to be an irreplaceable part of a shared adventure."

It's really good. Like I said, I could write alot more, but that would take the fun out of it for you. I like how she says that having children is an adventure...ummm...can I change mine for a trip to a foreign country? Just joking. Hope you all have a great weekend!