Saturday, December 23, 2006

12:58 am and counting...

I think tonite is going to be one of those nights. I can't sleep. Steve is snoring like a banshee and I've already been to the bathroom 3x. So after my last trip to the loo I thought I'd take this opportunity to write my 5 things. He's done it, he's done it and so have they. It's always nice to learn something new about someone so here are my 5 things you (probably) don't know about me.

1. I'm Metis. I only know this 'cos a year ago my cousin went for her Metis card using the same line on my father's side. I think it's like my great-(great?) grandfather married a young Metis woman.

2. When I was 15 I had a reaction to an immunization that caused temporary amnesia for about 24 hours over Christmas. I can remember not remembering. It was both frightening and kinda cool. For weeks afterward I thought I was psychic.

3. This ones kinda lame. I was a vegetarian for over a week the summer of '97. One of the reasons it never lasted was b'cos the smell of BBQ burgers in the air as I biked by was too overpowering. I'm a sucker for a good burger!

4. I also have a fetish for men in kilts and/or a man cycling with shaved legs and spandex. Whenever I see a guy in a kilt or cycling by my pulse quickens and I'm instantly interested in their whereabouts. I have numerous art renderings of Lance Armstrong, before he became famous (back in '94) tucked away in my closet. I knew Steve was the one for me when I asked if he'd shave his legs for the fun of it and he did. Well one of them anyway. There now you also know something new about him too!

5. I'm terrified of ticks, leeches and on occasion mosquitoes. I will go out of my way to stay out of their way. If there's a mosquito in the room, I can not rest until it's dead.

There. Now hopefully I can put my mind to rest and get some sleep. Good night and God speed.