Thursday, December 28, 2006

Of course...

...things are never as bad as you might think they are, or they will be. As was the case with spending Christmas with the in-law family. I stressed and freaked the whole week prior, but it honestly wasn't that bad. I wish I had something juicy to report, like pie smashing in faces, gifts being torn to shreds, turkeys being ripped apart at the table with pieces flying all over the kitchen, but nothing like that happened. There was the usual bickering between couples (the kind where you never know if they're joking or seriously out to slit eachother's throats) and the annoying "is this it?" in regards to the amount of presents, but that was about it. Even one of the crazy uncles couldn't mess things up. It was actually nice.

And that was it. Callah went for a horseback ride. Matthias drove his first quad (look out world!!). The kids got towed behind a quad, that Steve was driving, in a sled which they completely loved. And I watched it all, just glad that I could be a part of it, altho' that quad was calling my name pretty loud, I thought I'd better not chance it.

We got back around 5:30 pm on Tuesday and hit Canadian Tire (which had some boxing day deals) where we surprisingly still got our "toys" we wanted, drove thru BK and came home to unpack the mounds of stuff and find homes for the stuff left behind.

Simple. Boring, yet good. Enjoyable.

I wonder what New Year's will bring?