Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Look out!

The almonds are coming! The almonds are coming!! Kids everywhere are selling chocolate covered almonds!

I'm listening to the radio right now (sadly one of my favourite stations is The Wolf out of Regina) and Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven is on. Do you remember back in high school when this song was everything? Well it was for me. If you went to a school dance, it was almost a guarantee that this song would be the "final song". And then if you weren't dancing that last song, you might as well write "L-O-S-E-R" on your forehead with permanent marker. Man....those were the good ol' days (heavy on the sarcasm). I remember dancing to Bryan Adams Everything I Do (I do it for you) with this totally hot guy and we didn't know there was an extended version of the song ('cos they never played it on the radio) so the time comes when it normally would end and we start pulling away, but then the song keeps going! Talk about embarrassment.

Yikes I was just googling Stairway to Heaven and there's some questionable content in that song. I did not know that. Did anyone else know that? Hmmm....

So yesterday at Mom's we had Mel Shatula come talk to us. She's a super great talker. If I had the money I would pay her to be my personal trainer. She just seems really down to earth and easy to talk to. Anyway she had lots to say about fat, muscle and eating right. I don't know if I actually knew this before, but she mentioned that you burn more calories when you have more muscle, so you can't just do cardio all the time, you have to actually work the muscles (i.e. weightlift) to get the full effect. So the past 6 months of running and biking haven't really done me anything. Great. Hopefully now we'll actually see some benefits, now that I know what I'm doing.

oh yes!! Guess what starts up again tomorrow??

SURVIVOR!

I'm sadly very excited to begin watching the latest installment of deceitful, half naked humans backstabbing their way to a million dollars. I'm pulling for James the gravedigger. And did anyone catch the first episode of Kid Nation? Apparently there's quite the scandal about the whole idea. In my opinion, if the kid wants to go, let them go.

I'm just going to keep linking shows from cbs....I love the announcers voice. It's like the movie preview's guys voice. Ha ha, makes me laugh.