Monday, January 07, 2008

bored stiff

I'm a little bothered lately. I can almost see myself wearing a housecoat, curlers in my hair...no wait! Better yet, severe bed head rat's nest hair, fuzzy socks on my feet, trudging around my house. Dishes piled sky high in the sink. Keziah has long discarded her diaper and is scooting around in her birthday suit. Matt and Cal are picking their noses and scratching themselves 'cos they haven't bathed in days, there's a gazillion messages on the phone wondering why we haven't left our house in weeks....


...and it's all because of the internet.

You see I've become addicted to certain resources vital to life as I now know it. I log on and check for new messages. Log off. Run upstairs to check on the kids. Come back down and log on again. Log off, run upstairs to give Kez a bottle, run back downstairs and log on.

And it's not that I don't have anything to do. That's totally not the case. It seems the exact opposite, the more I neglect to work, the more things I notice that need doing. I just don't want to do them.

Ever seen that movie Office Space?

Today I'm just not going to work. And Jenn Anniston's character is like, "so you're going to quit?" and Ron's character is like, "no. I'm just not going to go in today."

That's how I feel.

So if you happen to see me online, ask if I've fed the kids today? Or started painting the kitchen? Or cleaned the fridge? Or fed the dog? And if not I give you complete permission to come on over and kick my