Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heart full of Music

As I write this I'm listening to a song called 'soul singing'. Can you believe I actually had a good weekend? When in comes to the in-laws you always seem to worry more than its worth. Well any kind of worry is more than it's worth, but for me, I get headaches over the whole thing. And after the visits are over, it's never as bad as I thought it was going to be (with the exception of last Christmas). We had an enjoyable weekend. My son got to ride the horse a few times, both the kids got to play and hold kittens, they jumped on the trampoline, fed the chickens and collected eggs. It was a good weekend! As for my husband and I, we can't complain when we get free meals and we get to visit with friends we haven't seen in a few months. That's always worth the late nights and loss of sleep.
I also got to visit Scott's Parables bookstore for the first time. I've never been there before and was pleasantly surprised at how nice and cheap things were. I was looking for the book called Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. They were sold out, so if anyone has it and is done reading it, could I borrow it?? I suckered my husband into reading Wild at Heart by John Eldredge and he really enjoyed it. So Captivating is to women what Wild was to men. It's suppossed to be really good. Anyway, there's my plug for the day.
Now we're down to the final week of holidays. Can you believe they're done already? I wish I could send my kids to school, but that's a whole lot of worry, that I'm definately not ready for yet. Does anyone know if you have to be potty trained to have your kid in the age 3-5 group at Mom's??
My best friend in getting married on September 9, 2005 in Kansas City, MO. I'd really like to go, but it's all sort of depending on whether or not we sell our vehicle. Does anyone want to buy a 1983 Toyota Landcruiser? We met in '96 on a mission trip to Bolivia and just bonded. She came up to Canada for my wedding in '01. The best thing about having a best friend like that, is that even tho' you may have lost touch for a few years, when you find each other again, you just pick up from wherever you left off and it's all good. Just like you never lost it in the first place.

Sorry ladies... this post is what it is. I feel like I didn't say anything profound. So I went looking and found this website called God is Groovy. Today's blessing is from Isaiah 58:11. 'The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.'

21 more sleeps.