Friday, October 19, 2007

Kid stuff

The other day I was shaving my legs in the bathtub when Matthias came in and asked what I was doing. I said I was shaving my legs, just like Daddy shaves his face. Matthias made a face and said,"You mean you have a beard on your legs!"

This morning I was laying in bed when I heard Callah ask Matthias to move something. He didn't do it right away 'cos she then said, "c'mon, you can do it! You have muscles!"

Matthias' favourite thing to watch on TV lately has been the Crocodile Hunter on Animal Planet. He's been collecting snakes, spiders and lizards for a few months now and has quite a collection. It's fun to watch him jump around these snakes, say "crikey!" and try to grab the head before it turns around and bites him. Kids have amazing imaginations!

Matthias and Callah are on a marriage blitz. Every day Callah asks Matthias to marry her and then she gets all dressed up in her princess clothes (complete with tiara and high heels!) and asks Matthias to dance with her. The funny part tho' is if Matthias does something she doesn't like, then right away, she says "I'm not going to marry you anymore! I'm going to marry Mommy!" And then Matthias goes off and plays with his transformers. If only marriage were that simple.

Last night at our small group I heard a funny joke. I can't remember how it went exactly so I googled it, couldn't find it, but I found this one instead and it's pretty similiar.


Two young boys walked into a pharmacy, picked out a box of Tampax and proceeded to the checkout counter. The man at the counter asked the older boy, “Son, how old are you?”

“Eight,” the boy replied.

The man, perplexed but intrigued, couldn’t help but ask, “Do you know what these are used for?”

The boy replied, “Not exactly, but they aren’t for me. They’re for him (pointing to the boy who came in with him). He’s my little brother. He’s four. We heard that if you use these, you would be able to swim and ride a bike. He can’t do either one.”