Thursday, October 18, 2007

Spinning tattoos

The last couple of days my head has been in a spin. I don't know whether to come or go. Do this or that. So I usually wind up sitting on the couch, watching some TV and drinking a nice cold drink (which really isn't doing me any good, you know, considering my weight problem and all...). Sooner or later ('sooner' I know will come and bite me in the butt) I'll get my rear in gear and work will have to be done. But for now, I sit.

The other day the kids gave me a Surf's Up tattoo on my arm, just under my bicep. I've kinda gotten used to having it there and like the idea of looking down or catching it out of the corner of my eye. I've always wanted a tattoo. When I was about 15, I loved this mountain biker named Missy Giove. She had piercings and tattoos and was super cool (in my opinion). I would draw pictures of her in art class. After I graduated I went out and got my nose pierced. My Mom freaked and threatened to kick me out of the house if I didn't take it out. So I did. That was a $65 lesson. I'll be honest and admit it looked dumb anyway, but the tattoo dream still stood. And still stands. My sister moved out of my parent's house a few years back and got a tattoo on her back. They haven't disowned her or anything, so I'm pretty sure I'm safe. I used to think a map of Canada on my shoulder blades would be cool. You know in case I ever got lost or something... Then I changed my mind and now all I want is a celtic cross. I don't really care where. Arms, legs, back. Wherever. I just have this urge to be inked (which reminds me of this one time I went to a youth event at Briercrest and for some silly reason I had over 250 people their name on my body in marker...talk about being inked!) Oh well, for now I guess penguins will have to do.