Tuesday, November 06, 2007

don't mess with my groove

Of course what I plan on writing on has absolutely nothing to do with "groove", however at this exact moment I'm listening to a particularly groovy song and I say "don't mess with my groove" more aimed towards Keziah who is crawling towards the chair and I know it's only a matter of time before she gets stuck (with arms and head on one side and legs on the other...) and starts screaming for "super Mom" to come rescue her.

This morning at Mom's we had a stay-at-home-Dad come. Cool. Before we had kids Steve and I talked about this. We agreed that whoever had the highest paying job at the time, could continue working. The other, would stay home with the kids. "Luckily" for me I hadn't started my apprenticeship yet and so here I am today. Anyway I think it's really cool that a Dad would do that.

(oh there's the cry for help....)

It'll be different having a man around the Mom's room every once in awhile, but if you think about it, we should all be that lucky to have our husbands in on some of the stuff we talk about. I know there's times I come home and try to tell Steve even half of the stuff we talked about, and it just doesn't come across right, so this will be good. Hopefully he'll go home, after hearing us talk, and be the best Dad/wife out there after knowing our little "secrets" (our own tiffs with our own families and hubbies).

Or am I totally out there?

I hope he comes. The majority of stuff he should enjoy and find helpful. I'm not sure about the x-stitch or knitting tho'... hmmm... it'll be interesting.