Wednesday, November 21, 2007

my son, the pro wrestler

Tonite was my very first parent teacher interview. I was a little nervous walking in there. So nervous that I walked right into the classroom after the english parents and teacher and didn't even notice that M. Lambert was waiting for me in the hallway. Yes, I am new at this. We sat down at his desk. He asked where Steve was. I told him he's down in Regina and he got all excited. I think he was more excited than some of our own family members were. That was kind of cool and a little weird.

Then we got down to business. He asked if I had any questions or concerns. I asked, "is he beating up on anyone?"
"Well, he is a little aggressive, but we'll get to that a bit later."
Then I slammed my fists on the desk, stood up - knocking the chair over and yelled "I want to talk about it now mister!!"

ha ha...just kidding.

He then went on to tell me that Matthias is a great kid. He's very attentive and helps out alot. He tries everything, not just limiting himself to a certain "play" area. He spends alot of time on drawings and is very particular about colours (which teachers like to see I guess instead of the kid who rushes to finish) and infact, Matthias has a picture in the latest edition of the catholic school board newsletter! Atta boy!! But then he mentioned that if Matthias got too rough again, he'd be sent to the office. He's been warned and told that that's not appropriate behaviour for school (or anywhere...I know, I've been trying to tell him) and so one more "rough house" brawl and he'll be put away...in the office....for a time out.

Overall I'm totally proud of the kid. When we get this CSB newsletter I'm going to be the parent photocopying copies to all the grandparents (except Steve's 'cos it's a Hallowe'en drawing and it's in a catholic newsletter....2 wrongs don't make a right) and framing his piece of work for years to come. I'm so proud!