Monday, December 05, 2005

Manly Man

I had a few titles in my head throughout the day, I'm not really sure why I settled on "Manly Man". Really, what is a Manly Man? Well, being as I just finished watching The Lord of The Rings: Two Towers no CBC, I'd have to say Aragorn (a.k.a. Viggo Mortenson). Now there's a manly man.
sigh.
Steve knows about this little crush ( He also knows about the Stetson man, Matthew McConaughey. But that's another story all in itself.) and he's okay with it, 'cos I know about his on Janet Jackson. Anyway, to me there's just something manly about a guy who looks good dirty. If you notice, not once, are Aragorn's hands clean. If they appear to be, they really aren't around the nails and in the crevices of his hands. He grows stubble very well too. Another manly trait. Steve looks very good in grubbies. Remember this is just my opinion. There's also something soft lurking behind that dirty exterior tho'. In Aragorn's case, there's the deep love he has for Arwen, played by Liv Tyler. This kind of love story reminds me of my favourite movie, Bravheart, and the love story that makes the whole movie (between William and Murron). The kind that I used to dream of as a kid. Where some big, masculine, tough guy (a manly man) would fall in love with me and nothing could break that love.
But that's just fairy tale. True love like that doesn't exist anymore it seems. It's harder and harder to keep a love like that together. Why?
Of course I have no idea. That's one of those questions that I'm just gonna throw out there. Not really expecting an answer. Just something to think about.

Tomorrow at Mom's we're doing a Christmas craft. A snowflake ornament I believe. Or you can bring your own artistic creation and work on it. I encourage you to attend if you live in the area. It's a chance to get out, and the colder it gets, the harder it will be to get out.

This past weekend Steve went to Edmonton with his Dad and brother to see an Oilers game. A dream come true for him, not necessarily with the Oilers, but an NHL game. The thing that I wanted to mention, was that it's funny how accustomed we get to having someone in the bed with us. I used to sleep with my dog on my bed growing up, a big dalmation cross. She snored like there was no end, mind you, now that I think of it, so does Steve. Another thing they have in common. Anyway, after I left home, I missed Sasha's (my dog) warmth. It took awhile to get used to. Then I married Steve and had to get used to having another (hairy) body all over again. Now, whenever he goes away, I have terrible sleeps. Not only do I miss his warmth (he's like a dutch oven) but I just miss having someone there, beside me. And a big pillow just doesn't cut it. Makes me think of how hard it'll be when they're gone.

20 days till Christmas. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?