Thursday, January 26, 2006

Nothing

The day started out pretty well. For once I wasn't the first one out of bed. Trust me, those 5 extra minutes were totally worth it!! Breakfast was good, we got all dressed up to take Gus out to the Little Red for a walk. When we got out there the sun was still coming up over the trees, the snow was sparkling and the air was fresh. It was a nice moment. Then Callah fell out of the sled and scraped her chin (on what???) and Matthias' feet started getting cold. By the time we reached the van again, both were crying, Matthias was curled up in the fetal position. I was left wondering what had happened to the beautiful morning that was greeting us not that long ago. Never fear tho', nothing a Pepsi slurpee couldn't fix.
The afternoon was lazy which was nice, the evening was spent with Great Grandma eating her favourite KFC.
And tonite, I just have this feeling that something is lacking. Like I felt when I was 16 and wondering what life had in store. If I would ever get over this feeling of ... of... nothing. So right now I'm just sitting here at the computer listening to my music and feeling this nothing. I wouldn't say it's something bad. It could be thought of as peaceful. It's just nothing. Do you ever feel like that? I'm sure it'll go away. Tomorrow is a new day, with new opportunities and new ways to grow, new chances to enhance the life I lead. I just hope I'm up to the challenge and accept them.