Monday, January 02, 2006

One Day Left

All our family has gone. We now have one day left of holiday alone, together. So where is my husband? Why he's out playing hockey, then he's going over to a friends house to play poker! Of course! One day left....

Well my folks and sister came up for New Years. Unfortunately my sister came down with the flu the night she got here and it's just clearing up now, in time for her to go home. My parent's stayed with my Grandma so I didn't see them a whole lot, we did manage to get in a nice walk with the dog this morning. Steve's brother, wife and 7 yr. kid came up too. I have a problem with him, the brother. So there were a few tense moments, but I didn't spend alot of time with him, even tho' he stayed here in our house. The magic of that makes this New Year seem good already.

Tomorrow we'll take a few moments to relax and treat ourselves to a night out. Alone. No kids. That should be good, and I'm looking forward to it. I can't think of a better way to start off a new year. The kids will be back to normal nap hours and bed time hours now. Maybe then we'll have some peace in our home. That and the lack of chocolate in their systems. Tomorrow we're taking down the ailing tree. I can't wait to get rid of all those pine needles. The tree stopped drinking water almost 2 weeks ago. It's hurting. It's time is done. We'll miss it. But then Matthias can open up his final present. The big one we've been hiding downstairs. It can take up residence where the tree is now. I hope he likes it.

I'll keep you posted.