Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pros and cons of a weekend away

This weekend is the annual Ladies Retreat for Gateway Covenant Church. I went 2 years ago and never made it to last years event, altho' I heard awesome things about it. So I'm looking forward to this weekend, if for no other reason than some time away from the house, husband and kids.

*Ever notice how hard it is to think of something when there's this really awesome song on and it completely engulfs your mind? (ie. If I Can't Have You by Yvonne Ellman)

Anyway, like I was saying...but at the same time, there's a bit of fear edged in there. For some reason I don't feel like I've really found a "place" in our church and so in regards to this weekend, I might be the lone woman out. I don't go to the ladies bible study, I'm not part of the worship team, or the Wednesday nite bible studies, I'm not part of the Covenant Women's group. I'm not really part of anything. I guess on the bright side, I should be able to get lots of R & R. This weekend is also the big weekend for the Winter Festival in Prince Albert. There will be fireworks (last years were awesome!) on Friday and all sorts of events off Marquis Rd. during the weekend. I'm a sucker for fireworks, almost made me decide not to go to the Retreat. My parent's also made a freak decision to come down for the weekend. I could stay back and visit them. I'm still not over my cold and am still having bad headaches.

I'm also fearful for my husband (or should I say kids). I don't know who will be worse off: Steve being home all weekend and watching over them or the kids having to live with their Dad for 3 days. On top of it all Steve has yet another hockey tournament this weekend and he's already tired and impatient. Thinking of it now, I might not want to come home Sunday! :)

I am excited to, hopefully, put my new x-country skiis to use. I bought them in January and haven't been well enough, or energetic enough to use them yet. I heard there's a couple of other ladies taking theirs, so that should be fun. Something to look forward to. The food will be good too. At least it was 2 years ago. Lauralea gives awesome facial massages, so hopefully I can talk her into one of those.

Pros and cons...as in most things in life I guess. You just have to decide what you're going for and make the most of it. Pray for us, especially my husband!