Monday, February 06, 2006

Sick

This is where it's at. The energy level had returned, unfortunately nothing else has come with it. I did a little organizing of the house yesterday only to stop a few minutes later in a coughing fit. There's nothing like not being able to breathe out of your nose (it's plugged up completely) or your mouth (tickle in the throat creates an instant coughing reaction with every single breathe) . So here I sit, barely breathing with lots of energy! Hooray for me! Not only did I miss a truly excellent weekend last weekend (I was looking forward to last weekend for weeks beforehand) but now it's carrying on into this week, which only makes it more depressing.

AND...if you can get more depressing, Callah has it now too. There's something that always breaks my heart when you lay down with your little girl (who also can't breathe) and she has such a fitfull sleep. You just wish you could take away all her pain with the "brush" of your hand as you pull back her hair from her face.

I don' t know why we're always sick. It's not like we don't eat right. Steve is always making sure we eat all sorts of vegetables and eat plenty of Vit. C. I thought it might have something to do with a little mold problem we have (which we're looking into) but then I've been told that this is just life with kids. Kids play with other kids, who are sick, who inturn make your kids sick and it's just a vicious cycle. I don't know if I totally believe that. I know of families with lots of kids who don't get sick as often as we do. So I think there's got to be something more there.

So with kleenex and Lysol in hand, I bring this sickly post to an end. I pray that you and yours are all doing well. If you feel up to it, Mom's is doing a book review on 5 books tomorrow. All the books have to do with marriage and relationships. There will also be a Darla original Valentine cake given away as a draw. For me, that would make going totally worth while!

Until next time!