Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ahhhh...

The "free" weekend is over (yeah rite..."free" I feel incredibly guilty over the amount of money I spent the past 3 days, even tho' in reality it wasn't really all that much) and my only regret was that we didn't stay a day longer (sorry "d"). There's just so much one can do, aside from shopping. So when you spend a day (4 hours) in the car, a day shopping and then another (4 hours) in the car on the way back, it just seems to be incredibly rushed. We did enjoy a nice supper out at East Side Marios (which I'd recommend) and catched 2 flicks at Rainbow (Inside Man and Failure to Launch). The worst part about these trips tho' is coming home. You kinda get used to only looking after yourself, even if it's only a day, then coming home, to two screaming kids is such a gut-punch. A rude awakening. I'm not saying it's not nice to be home, but being away has it's definate perks too. Thankfully my sister was still here, so I was able to immerse myself back into the swing of things throughout the day.

This morning we headed over to Kinsmen. There were a couple of Mom's there already and a few showed up after we arrived. I think it'll be a good thing. The kids sure liked hanging out and some of them recognized each other from Mom's Morning Out. Remember, if you're in the area, every Tuesday morning (weather permitting) 10-11 am (times approx. You can really show up anytime you want and leave whenever). My sister said on the walk home that "according to those other Mom's it's about time you have a baby". I said "what? They said that?" She said, "no, but they all had babies..." so somehow that relates to me and that fact that I too, should have one. Again, I'll keep you posted on that one.

Steve made it home last night too. Tired and dirty. He said he had a good time.

Wow. Here's a plug for you. Tomorrow on Oprah, she's going to take a concentration camp survivor back to Auswitz (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong. Sorry). That should be interesting.

Now it's back to looking up prices. I sold a road bike on e-bay, now I just have to figure out how to get it down to MA as cheap as possible. Any ideas?