Sunday, July 27, 2008

continuation of the crazy weekend

Looking back now, yes, driving 10 hours to look at a glacier was a bit much. But it was just one of those things that I had to know (exactly how long was it from Wetaskiwin to the glacier??).

Anyway, Saturday Wetaskiwin hosted an air show featuring the snowbirds. Of course, we decided to go. It was like 35 degrees outside and there was little to no shade on site. Needless to say we left after only a couple hours, totally missing the snowbirds. The kids were nearly dead and we had had enough. What we saw tho' was really good and the announcer was a comedic genius.

Then today I headed into Edmonton to meet some fellow spouses and hear their stories thus far. We caught Mamma Mia, which I thought was really good. Meryl Streep was brilliant, Pierce Brosnan was hot as always (does that mean I'm old when I think Pierce Brosnan is better looking than the younger up and coming actors?). I will say tho'...I am very disappointed in Colin Firth. Shame on you sir. You'll have to see it and let me know if you agree.

Anyway here are a couple of pics. Enjoy!
Bridal Veil Falls

A Prairie Lily...I could pick these now right??

Our first view of the mountains, 2.5 hrs from our house, just outside of Rocky Mtn. House.

All of us ontop of the Athabasca Glacier