Wednesday, November 30, 2005

sleep

I know I shouldn't be on here. I know I should be sleeping, at least attempting to sleep. I have a really bad feeling that tonite will be a rough nite for the kids, therefore it'll be a rough nite for me. My husband and I have an agreement of sorts. He "lets" me nap in the afternoon in exchange for getting up with the kids during the night. I guess that's fair. Right? I let him sleep thru the night, so that I can get up with the kids in the morning. Wait. Oh yeah...but I get to nap in the afternoon too. Somehow I'm seeing awhole lack of sleep on my part here.

Anyway yesterday my son came down with his 2nd cold so far this season. Yeah...like I mentioned before he's TERRIBLE at taking medication, so it'll last awhile. Just tonite, Callah has cried out twice already, since putting her to sleep at 8 pm. So I'm about 85% sure she'll be crying out a few times more during the night. She sounded like she's getting congested. I set up the humidifier in their room finally. I hate colds. There's not a lot you can do for them, and they seem to last forever. I just hope they get over it soon, without giving it to us. Is that too much to ask for?

In case you missed it, CBC Saskatchewan did a story on Mom's Morning Out this evening (6:30 pm news). They interviewed a few Mom's. It was a nice story. Maybe it'll bring out more Mom's to our group and maybe even inspire Mom's elsewhere to get a group started. Someone said something like, you can get all the advice you want from books and stuff, where they seem to "know it all" or you can get help and talk to other Mom's who are going thru exactly what you're going thru. Which would you rather do?