Saturday, March 10, 2007

And we're off!

I woke up yesterday to a gooey gush in my pants.

I know...nice.

It continued for awhile and I started to freak out. Luckily I had an appointment with my doctor at 10. I left early for the appointment hoping he'd be able to see me early. It was a good thing I went early as he was heading out to deliver another baby, so he quickly saw me and put me on a day of rest. It turns out that I was leaking amniotic fluid and he said it should heal within 24 hours. If not then I would have to be induced or if the leaking got worse, then again, I would have to be induced. So I spent the day pretending to be a vegetable, which drove me nuts!! Only to wake up again this morning to a gooey gush in the pants. Granted it was a smaller gush, more like a gob, but gooey all the same. So off we went to the hospital.

Once there I got hooked up to the monitor where we listened as the babies heartbeat kept a nice steady pace (except for one really low dip that caused some concern, but after waiting another 30 minutes, we were given the "ok") and saw the little "tightenings" which led the nurse to "swear on supper" that I was going to have this baby in the next 24 hours. Hey, as long as the babies head drops I don't care when it arrives. The doctor was just doing rounds when we showed up and it was kinda unnerving how he had no idea who we were, even tho' I had just seen him yesterday. And again unnerving when he said the exact same thing that he had said yesterday. "If it's still leaking in 24 hours you should be induced." Sure he's busy, but c'mon.

Anyway, so now we just wait. I'm suppossed to do this little "funky chicken dance" every time I feel a "tightening" to help drop that head. It's my Grandma's 89th b-day party this afternoon, so the family will all be up for it. I hope the baby doesn't come till after, I really don't want to take away from her big day. When you get that old, you don't have many special days and I know she's REALLY looking forward to it all.

So if you're the praying type, please pray that we wait till after the festivities and that the head drops. It would be greatly appreciated from all of us here.

Until next time...
...we'll keep you posted.