Monday, January 15, 2007

That's better

This morning I went for my 30 (or 32 week depending on how you look at it) check-up. B'cos my ultrasound put me 2 weeks ahead (usually they go 2 wks behind) and all my measurements are bigger than they "should" be (or it's a freakin' huge baby, which I'd rather not think about) I go more by my ultrasound due date, which is March 10. Besides, I'd rather be 32 weeks than 30 weeks anyway. That much closer to popping this thing out.

Speaking of thing... in church yesterday it's like the baby did a complete 360 roll. I told Steve the next thing I expect it to do is rip out of my stomache and start singing and dancing (think Spaceballs). We both got a chuckle out of that.

I don't know why but everytime I get pregnant, until I actually see a baby, I think alien.

In other news, since we're in this stinkin' deep freeze, and the kids and I aren't really going anywhere, we decided to give potty training a try with Callah. Ideally of course, we'd love to have her trained by March, but who knows. So far she's done pretty good. She's managed to go in the potty a couple of times every day and poop for the first time today, so that's a bonus. We also introduced Smartie's as a "prize". For every time she goes potty, she gets a Smartie. So now, of course, she spends most of her time on the potty just hoping something will come out so she can get the special treat!

Anyway I just remembered what I wanted to mention that was "better" before I got completely sidetracked with the alien story. So I went for my check-up and I only gained 2 lbs since my last check-up BEFORE Christmas! I was pretty stoked. To get thru the holidays and only gain 2 lbs is a special feat, but to do it while being pregnant, shoot, I should win peanut buster parfaits for a year!! That would be truly awesome!!